Monday, April 7, 2014

We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet - Elder Dallin Remund

Written by Elder Dallin Remund, serving in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

(Note to reader: Clicking on highlighted words links to additional information. Some names are omitted for privacy.)

Good mornin'!

Elder Spencer and Elder Remund
I really don't have much time this morning, but I've finally got some pictures! I'll send them in a separate email.

This week was really great. We had interviews with President Baker and I got some questions on charity answered that I've had for the past while. A mission president's authority is real. I am so grateful to be directed by his keys and authority in this work. He is such an inspired man.

We met up with E and M and taught them about the commandments. They confirmed to us their plans to get married in December, so the chance that I will be here to see them baptized is slim. I am excited for them, though, and the big steps of faith that they're taking in getting married after being together for twenty years.

People are flipping out over snow in March!
We got to meet a super great Puerto Rican named Francisco. We met up with him on a military base. It was a bit hard to understand his Spanish at first, but it'll get easier to understand as I keep going over there. Every hard accent gets easier to understand as you spend more and more time with them.

General Conference was amazing. Very inspiring for sure. It led me to do good as I studied this morning on basic gospel principles. Faith and repentance. It is amazing what sort of inspiration we can receive as we just focus a bit deeper on the simple words we say over and over again in the gospel.

Take another listen or look at Elder M. Russell Ballard's talk, if you didn't the first time. His last couple talks in conference have been SUPER helpful in hastening the work and strengthening the bond between the members and the missionaries.

Gracias por su amor y sus oracciones. Les amo bastante!

Con mi gratitud,
Elder Remund

Spring Greetings from the East Coast (March 31, 2014)

Happy Easter from Virginia (April 21, 2014)


Pupusas - the El Salvadorian "hamburger" and downfall
of my diet out here.