Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter from Chile - Sister Hannah Avery

Written by Sister Hannah Avery, serving in the Chile Vina del Mar Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

(Note to reader: Clicking on highlighted words will link to additional information. Some names are omitted for privacy. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.)

Hey guys!

This beautiful woman is blind and makes
candy to sell from her front yard. I helped
her make chocolate bunnies for Easter.
Just a quick email this week since this keyboard is AWFUL and I can't type well for the life of me, haha! We had the baptisms of M** and M** this week! It was beautiful. They are on the way to having their eternal family! They are the first complete FAMILY that I've taught who have chosen to be baptized in Chile, so they are truly special to me :) I love them soooo much!

I hope that you all had a great Easter weekend too! Mine was good, but know that the Chileans don't celebrate Easter like we do, haha! But Hermana Stewart and I did make an Easter breakfast and bought Easter candy in the store for $6, haha.... a little bag of peanut butter egg M&Ms.... YUM!

Well, I promise to write more next week, but for now, this is what the keyboard is allowing me to do. I love you all so much and will talk to you next week! xoxo

Love, Hermana Avery


P.S. Changes are this week! I may get a new companion. BOO! I will let you know next week!

FIRST Lesson in English! (April 14, 2014)

New Companion for Sister Avery (April 28, 2014)


My first FAMILY baptism in Chile! So special!
 
This mother and her son joined the church about
fours months ago. They are lovely people.


Our Mission Leadership Council