Sunday, April 27, 2014

Scorpion! - Sister Justyce Oliphant

Written by Sister Justyce Oliphant, serving in the Mexico Tuxtla Gutierrez Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hermanas Oliphant and Rodriguez
Tuxla Gutierrez Temple
I don't have a ton of time because I wrote a lot to my mission president today. Sorry guys! But
I am so happy to hear that you are all doing well. I am also! I had a really good week. It went by so fast! Thursday and Friday I was on divisions with my Sister Training Leader. I usually go to the other area and my companion shows the area, but I was asked to stay back this time and I showed her around and introduced our investigators and planned for them all alone. It was so awesome, and it helped me realize that I really can speak the language! It was such a good experience for me and I learned so much from Hermana Favila.

A few other high lights from the week:
I saw my first scorpion! We were talking with an investigator and he killed it by stepping on it. Augh! I played the piano for sacrament meeting yesterday (I was also supposed to speak but our Stake President came to our ward and asked to speak, so I got booted for a different week. Good thing because I didn't feel prepared!).

We had two investigators come with us to the baptism on Saturday. They both had a good time and are progressing. One has a baptism date scheduled, and the other investigator we are hoping will accept a date when we go to his house tomorrow!

I love you all so much. I pray each day for you and your safety and happiness.

Until next week, I love you!

Hermana Justyce Oliphant

Patience in Affliction (April 14, 2014)

Receiving Answers (April 28, 2014)

Baptisms on Saturday
My washing machine! Our broom handle shoved
inside a soda bottle. Better than washing by hand!
 
Hermana Justyce Oliphant
Literally NO ONE was in the streets on Friday. No stores were
open. It was Viernes Santo (Good Friday). The only people
in the streets were drunk...yup, fun times.