Monday, April 7, 2014

Preaching the Gospel in Mexico - Elder Brian Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

How are you all? It's been a fun week! We have been trying to teach more and get more lessons in, so the Elders in my district and I have been going on divisions with members to get more appointments in. We have been blessed to find appointments and have success. I am pleased with the last week, I gave it my all. And I am happy about that.

General Conference was amazing! I hope you all had the chance to watch or listen too it. I went to the stake center Saturday and watched it online with some Elders and Sisters from the U.S. The internet sometimes froze the video, so we just flipped it to listen to the conference. It was still a spiritually uplifting day. Sunday I saw the morning session in Spanish at our ward's church house....it's just not the same in Spanish...sorry....no emotion, just a translator talking. So I borrowed a member's laptop, put in my head phones and brought my laptop into the chapel, and listened in English, while my companion watched it in Spanish on the projector.

I hope you all have an amazing week! Much love and prayers to you all! The church is true, and I am so happy to be here in Mexico, preaching the gospel! I hope we can all have an amazing week!

Love,

Elder Burgess

Sacrifice Brings the Blessings of Heaven (March 10, 2014)

Glasses (April 14, 2014)