Monday, April 28, 2014

Oh, There's Sunshine! - Elder Dallin Remund

Written by Elder Dallin Remund, serving in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hey y'all!

This email's going to have to be a faster email. Y'all are too good at emailing me a really full inbox!

Newport News! Hampton is on the other side of the sign.
I have had a really great week. Remember the lady (Al**) that I mentioned in the last letter that felt the Spirit way strong? Well, the next night we visited her neighbors and taught them. They were super nice and had lots of good questions. We found out at the end of the lesson that the guy is Al**'s brother. He said that his sister talked about how we came over and she really liked what we taught and how she felt and that she wants to go to our church sometime soon. We were so excited. Those little chats that we have as companions on the car ride home are so energetic. We will do anything to help these people to understand how the gospel really can bless their family!

We got transfer calls.... I'm staying to be the new district leader and Elder Bradshaw's going down to Goldsboro, North Carolina. He's gonna love it down there. Elder Bradshaw's MTC (Missionary Training Center) companion, Elder Barber, is coming up from North Carolina to be my companion. Elder Bradshaw and Elder Barber were in the MTC the same time I was, and I actually ran into them a couple times. Now we'll all have been companions. So fun. I'm looking forward to the next couple transfers!
This is what the drive up to Williamsburg looks like. Virginia
is amazing in the springtime!!
 The whole mission is anxiously waiting for this weekend. Elder Bednar is going to be speaking at a mission conference in Richmond on Saturday. He's also speaking to the stake I'm serving in right now, so I'll get to see him the next day down in Newport News. We are so excited!!

The mission is going wonderful. I'm about to hit 11 months in the mission tomorrow. Really hard to believe! The time is flying as I continue to be swallowed up in this awesome work. It's worth every bit of struggle I've been through so far! I love y'all! Hope y'all have a great week.



Con amor,

Elder Remund

More pictures!

Happy Easter from Virginia! (April 21, 2014)

I FEEL GOOD! (May 5, 2014)

Taquitos from an awesome recent convert family.
Ellos saben cocinar bien!