Monday, February 10, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me! - Elder Jake Avery

I'm so glad you sent my REAL clothes in the
birthday box! That suit I have to wear
everyday really cramps my style!
Written by Elder Jacob Avery, serving in the Peru Lima West Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

(Note to reader: Highlighted phrases will link to additional information. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.)

We went to pick up my birthday box in customs today. It was kind of a mess :P The Elders in the office forgot to pick it up when it arrived IN DECEMBER! So I got to pay a $20 fine (grrr!) to get it out. Yeah, I don't want to talk about it. BUT, I'm so very grateful for all the kind thoughts that went into packaging and sending it!

You can't believe how caring and generous
these wonderful people are to me!
Long story short, this might be my letter for the week, but I love you guys and I'm having a fantastic birthday. It'd be better if we found more families to teach and had more baptisms, but ya know, that's life. Love you guys!

Elder Avery (a.k.a. Superman)

Happy Birthday, Mom! (February 3, 2014)

Poco a Poco (February 17, 2014)


My dear friends in Los Rosales