Monday, February 3, 2014

Birthday Week Surprise - Sister Hannah Avery

Written by Sister Hannah Avery, serving in the Chile Vina del Mar Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hello family and friends!

We had a LONG week this week, but a great one! First off, I had my 21st birthday... and I feel SOOOO old...haha! We celebrated all day with people in the ward, and finished off with a surprise birthday party with the Pujado family! They had all kinds of treats and goodies for me, and a long banner of balloons that said, “Feliz CumpleaƱos, Hermana Avery!” Oh my goodness! They are seriously the sweetest family ever!!

Oh! Duh, I should also tell you that I was NOT transferred this week, and am STILL in good ol' Ovalle, Chile! WOOHOO! Hermana Puertas and I are the best of friends, and I am so grateful to be with her in Ovalle for another 6 weeks! :)

We did a LOT of teaching this week...we had about 22 lessons, and that's not including less active members (this mean members of the church who do not attend very often)!! We worked our tails off! Haha!

Hard work pays off though because guess what?! We had a surprise baptism this week! It was a little girl named J** who is 9 years old. Her family was less active, but recently started attending again! WOOHOO! So, we had her baptism yesterday, and she was so scared when she was in the font that she cried and chocked on the water when she came out.... poor thing. But, the good news is that she is clean of sins... whatever sins a 9 year old can have, haha :) And, she is one step closer to entering the Kingdom of God and being with her family for the eternities!

Other than that, Hermana Puertas and I are just keeping on here in Ovalle! We have a new tradition of talking on the balcony of our window at night until bedtime. We laugh til our cheeks hurt! Haha! I never knew that I could have such a strong friendship and love for someone I have only known for four months! I am sooo blessed to have her for my companion! !

Well guys, have a FABULOUS week, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON WEDNESDAY, MAMA! You are my heart! Party lots, haha! I love you guys sooo much and miss you like crazy! I will talk to you all in a week!

Xoxoxoxo,

Han

Thoughts on the Atonement (January 27, 2014)

Chilly in Chile (February 10, 2014)