Monday, June 16, 2014

Transfers - Elder Brian Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Transfers!

So this week was the transfers meeting, and my companion from Panama, Elder Garrido had changes. I am in my same area with my new companion from....Panama, Elder Batista. Kinda funny because there are only two Elders from Panama in the mission!

Elder Batista and I have been working really hard! He is a great and funny Elder! So glad to be with him right now! I love this work! And my area is really fun! We have spent the week talking to every person we see in the street and helping our investigators understand more about the doctrine! We were so fortunate to have four investigators come to church Sunday! And we have a baptism the 28th of this month! I am so happy and excited! I love you all! And hope you have a great week!

Photo that is attached - Me, grilling at the Stake Patriarch's house in our ward as a goodbye dinner for Elder Garrido! Alot of fun! They looked at me with hamburger buns, and meat on the table and said, "Elder Burgess, you're from the USA. You know how to cook hamburgers," and then they gave me the spatula, haha!

The church is true and the sky is blue. Two facts that I know!

I love you all!

ELDER BURGESS

Hold to the Rod (June 2, 2014)

Flying in Mexico (June 30, 2014)