Monday, June 2, 2014

Almost Heaven....McDonald's - Sister Hannah Avery

Written by Sister Hannah Avery, serving in the Chile Vina del Mar Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hola familia y amigos!

I think this was one of the fastest weeks of my life! haha! We did tons of teaching this week, but also are preparing for lots of things coming up this week and next week!

First off, we are still getting the M** family ready for their baptism! We had to change their date from the 14th to the 15th because they didn't come to church yesterday. They have to attend church 3 Sundays to be baptized, so they will have to be baptized the 15th in the end. But, it's only one day later :)

These are some sisters Hermana Giron and I look after :)
Also, we found ANOTHER family this week, who is married too! AHHH! Seriously, it is sooo rare to find married people in Chile....it's a miracle! And they are SO prepared. They are going to get priesthood blessings this week because they want to have a baby and haven't been able to get pregnant. So, anyways, we taught them about the Restoration and Joseph Smith, and they are SOOO interested in everything!

We are getting ready for transfers again this week! I think Hermana Giron and I will stay together, but only the Lord knows :) Next week you will all know if we had any changes!

We are also preparing for a visit from Elder Lynn G. Robbins on the 10th! It's a really big deal for us here in this mission. General Authorities don't ever visit our mission, so we are all excited! :)

What else... OH! We found a McDonald's this week! Haha! My companion and I were in heaven. It wasn't like in the U.S., but it was McDs....and it's sad when you think McDs is heaven, haha! :)

Other than that, we are just keeping on here in Chile! I am a little sick and on antibiotics for a sinus infection I developed when I had the flu, but I am doing fine :) The mission nurse said that about 20% of the missionaries in our mission have it now, so it was bound to happen at some point.

Other than that, we are great here! I hope that you all have a wonderful week and know that I love and miss you all soooo much! Talk to you next week!

xoxoxoxoo Hermana Avery

P.S. I talked to a lady from Australia today! She spoke ZERO Spanish but is here vacationing with her husband. We gave her a Spanish pamphlet.... it's all we had, haha! But it was super cool to speak English with someone! :)

Busy in Chile! (May 26, 2014)

Visit from Elder Robbins (June 17, 2014)