Monday, November 24, 2014

I'm Getting Transferred - Elder Dallin Remund

Written by Elder Dallin Remund, serving in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

I'm getting transferred to North Carolina!!!

Hey y'all, after 7 full, amazing transfers in Newport News, Virginia, I'm getting transferred to Wilson, North Carolina on Wednesday. I'm going to be the Zone Leader for the Goldsboro Zone with my new companion, Elder Benedict. And it's a Spanish area that has lots of exciting things going on. This was probably the most exciting news in the world, due to the fact that the area I was trained in, Albertson, is in the Goldsboro Zone. I'll be able to see the lands of my humble beginnings. I love Carolina so much!!! I've just been all smiles for the past day, despite the heart wrenching goodbyes in Virginia. I'll be back to visit after the mission and possibly get to see Ed** and M**'s baptism in January. Praying it all works out!

Tonight we're teaching a family that has been taught for 3 years but haven't been married. We're inviting them to be baptized tonight and are hoping to get a plan all together. If they say yes, all 4 of them will be baptized in January!!

We had a big Thanksgiving dinner party this Friday for our branch. It was a lot of fun and we came home with a whole turkey. Let me tell you, it was the best turkey I've ever had in my whole life. A Guatemalan member made it. I'm going to get her recipe and possibly make 20 of those turkeys next Thanksgiving and live off them for months. Hahaha!

Transfer meeting is on Wednesday! I'm having a lot of despedidas (goodbyes) and having my heart break time after time. I'm going to miss the amazing members and investigators here in Newport News and Hampton. I know that this work is the Lord's work and that it has changed lives here. Without a doubt, our Savior loves all of His children and His plan for us is incredibly detailed and centered on us coming back to Him.

Les quiero mucho!!
Con todo mi amor,

Elder Remund

Elder Remund's First Baptism  (November 10, 2014)


These ladies, from Ecuador, feel us every week!