Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Visit from Elder Robbins - Sister Hannah Avery

Written by Sister Hannah Avery, serving in the Chile Vina del Mar Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

(Note to reader: Highlighted words link to additional information. Some names are omitted for privacy. Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them.)

Hermana Hannah Avery
Hello family and friends!

We had a crazy week this week! First off, I want to apologize for not writing anything last week.... I got a little too distracted with missionary things and forgot to write! LOL! My bad. But, here is the email for this week :)

We had our whole mission meet together on Tuesday in Viña del Mar to listen to Elder Lynn G. Robbins. It was AWESOME! We really felt the Spirit for sure. We thought that he would talk about how we can be better missionaries, improve the mission, etc....but no, he basically talked about marriage the WHOLE TIME, haha! There are a lot of missionaries going home in the next month or two, so I think he was putting the pressure on them :) I am happy to not have to think about that for another few months!

Chile Vina del Mar Mission

It was a great visit, and we got to take a picture with all of the missionaries from the entire mission this week too! It was pretty cool :) I got to see my cute Hermana Puertas again too, as well as Hermana Mori, Hermana Stewart, and Hermana Page! All of my companions in one place! :)

Hermanas Avery and Puertas
We have been working our tails off to try to keep things going with our investigators! We have seven people with scheduled baptism dates, and the M** Family is doing awesome! The dad, A**, has FINALLY started to quit smoking! Pray for him! He has gone four days without drugs or cigarettes. It's amazing. He just cut it all clean and hasn't done a thing since. If he keeps this up, they can be baptized NEXT WEEK! Pray for our investigators!! :)

We got SOAKED this week with the rain too! We used black trash bags one day to cover up because it was super sunny in the morning, and then BAMMM! RAIN! But seriously, it rained ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT and we were soaked soooo bad. And I fell and hit my head pretty hard in the stairs near our Ward Mission Leader's house... that wasn't fun. But I am okay, and we were just laughing like crazy all day long because we looked like a couple of soaked crazy girls walking all over the place. Gotta have fun when life rains on you! :)
My trash bag is very stylish!

Anyways, I know that this email is not super long, but know that I love and miss each and every one of you, and that I am so grateful for all of the love and support you give me everyday :) You all are the best! Have a great week and I will talk to you all next week! Love you!

xoxoxooxox Hermana Avery

Almost Heaven....McDonald's (June 2, 2014)

Chi-chi-chi-chi-Le-le-le-le!  (June 23, 2014)