Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas from North Carolina!

Written by Elder Dallin Remund, serving in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

(**Note to reader: Clicking on highlighted words will link to more information. Some names are omitted for privacy.)

Buenas!

Hey ya'll. Christmas is in the air! Yesterday felt like August, though. It was about 80 degrees and humid. Then it poured rain down on us hard last night. It's cooling down, and I've heard Christmas is going to be super cold. No white Christmas out here!

Exciting news, we scheduled the friend of one of the young women in the ward for baptism on February 1st. Her name is K**. We had been tracting (knocking doors and street contacting) all day with no luck and decided to stop by a member's house. We told her we were looking for Hispanics to teach and she said that her daughter's friend was from Honduras and that we could teach her that night at the church. We met up and taught the Restoration and she really liked it. The most powerful part was hearing the daughter's testimony of the gospel. Another powerful lesson that came by the work of the members!

That same night, we got to start teaching an English class. The P** family showed up and then a non-member saw our sign for the class at one of the Mexican stores and showed up that night. We had a great time. Teaching English is a little tricky, but a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Things are going really good. One thing I have learned this week is how to be confident in planning. Elder Lovell's been working with me and trying to help me so I'll be fully ready to take the lead whenever it does happen. I'm going to thank him for it, even though it's hard to come up with ideas for lessons and the daily schedule. It's getting easier and easier, for sure.

I was going to upload some pictures, but realized I didn't have the right cord. Sorry ya'll haven't been able to see much of me. Just know I'm having fun and loving the mission!

Much love,

Elder Remund

Warm Christmas Wishes from North Carolina

Wishin' ya'll a Prospero Ano!