Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas from Denmark! Elder Kolby Madsen

Written by Elder Kolby Madsen, serving in the Denmark Copenhagen Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Danish.

(**Note to reader: Clicking on highlighted words will link to additional information. Clicking on photos will enlarge them. Some names are omitted for privacy.)

Mor (Mom),

Elders Wilsher, Madsen, and Whitlock
We will be at Coach’s house for the 25th, so it will be fun. I will call to you around 9 o'clock your time, if that’s okay. Elder Wilsher is my new companion. He is so much fun. We have a ton in common. He comes from England, a little town called Bury St. Edmunds near Cambridge. He is about Nate’s height. He says funny things, but my "proper" English is getting way better because I have to understand what he is saying, haha!





I just used staples and a garbage bag to build our tree. Yeah, it’s pretty ghetto, but thank you so much for the tree. We needed one! Thank you and Deann’s family too. Tell them thanks. (**Note from Kolby's mom: I sent tape. Don’t know what happened to it.) As you can see from the picture, I didn't open anything. So, I am patiently waiting. Elder Wilsher got mad at me because I made him wait, but then I just told him to open them, and now he won’t. It's funny, haha.

Well, this week has been a  little crazy because I was in KØBENHAVN  for a day and a half waiting to get Elder Wilsher. It was great though because I got to see some of the people I was working with there.

We came back to Herning, got settled in, and  went to work on Thursday. We had the great opportunity to go visit C**. She is out of the coma and doing well. As I talked to her, she started to open up about how she still wants to be baptized and there is nothing keeping her from it. Then she said that even though she has had to go through pain, she knows it was well worth it because her son (the one who said she can’t see her new grandson) will be with her for Christmas. That will be the first time in years that her whole family will be together. What a blessing! EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON!!!

We went to Sacrament Meeting yesterday and had 10 people in church. They tried to make me play the piano, but I can’t even do just the right hand (sorry Sister Avery, I forgot). Because it was Elder Wilsher's first day, he bore his testimony. It was great. They told me Saturday night that I needed to speak at the meeting. So I spoke and it was great fun. I don’t even know how it happened. The Spirit took over and when I finished the talk it was 10 minutes before the hour.

So it was a fun week. The Lord has been watching out for us a ton. I love you all and will see you in a couple days! Remember I will be Skyping between 7 and 9 o'clock. This whole eight hour time difference stinks because it just takes all the day away, and those are prime working hours. But it's okay. I will be at Coach's hosue, so I will justify it. I love you. Have a great week.

Glædelig Jule (Merry Christmas)!!

Ældste Madsen

Prayers Needed

Godt Nytår fra Danmark (Happy New Year from Denmark)