Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Whole New World

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

(**Note to reader: Clicking on highlighted words will link to more information.)

Well not right now I'm still in the Antequera Ward. I found out Saturday I have changes tomorrow. I will find out tomorrow in a meeting where I will be going, and who my companion will be.

This week I've tried working hard and making it the best week I've had because I had a feeling the changes call would come. I had the chance to go on day exchanges with Elder Dahl the Zone Leader. I was in his ward and area, and it was so nice to get a different view, schedule, faces, and apartment, at least for one day.

Friday night there was a stake Christmas activity during the time I was on the day exchanges with Elder Dahl, so we had to go early to set up. And then it wasn't planned to end until 10:30...Our curfew in the house is 9:30, at the latest. Elder Dahl called President and, surprisingly, he gave us permission to stay up and help them. He told us when we got home to get at least 8 hours of sleep. We ended up not getting home until midnight and slept until 8 a.m... It felt like it was another day back in Utah off the missionary schedule. Cool experience, haha!

Saturday was a very stressful day with all of our appointments falling through. When the changes call came, I felt an excitement for the unknown. It's been tough saying goodbye, but I'm ready!

I love this work, this church, and my mission! I know and testify that God lives, that honestly we have a Father in Heaven with a body of flesh and bones, and He knows us. He loves us! We are children of a God! So what does that make us? Princes and Princesses who can grow on this earth and progress in the Atonement so one day we can receive the crown.

I love you all. You are all in my prayers.

Elder Brian Alma Burgess

Just Working Hard in Mexico

Merry Christmas from Mexico!