Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas from Mexico!

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish!

(**Note to reader: Clicking on highlighted words will link to additional information. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.)

Family!

Okay, so I am no longer in Puebla. I am in the state of Tlaxcala. My area is Zacatelco. My new companion is Elder Valis from Oaxaca. He is sweet! We are getting along great! How are you all??

So, our house is sweet! We live right above a store, and we have two stories. It is a three story building and we get the top two stories! It's so clean, the boiler is right outside our bedroom door, it's a big house, and the bathroom is sweet!

We are a lot closer to another volcano. And so it gets pretty chilly! There is a photo from my last area attached. The grandma was sleeping so I shared a scripture with her. Everyone was laughing. It was hard not to, haha! The next photo was a cool idea I had to buy some tinsel, tape it on the wall, put on some cool Christmas ornaments we received at the mission Christmas party, and put some lights on it. I am a genius.

So, plans for talking on Christmas... I can call the 24th or the 25th. Dad, send me your Skype information. I am setting up an account right now. There is an internet place that will be open. In fact, that's where I am now. They have a webcam and head phones too. We are planning on the 25th to call, if that's cool with everything. Tell me what time would work best for you all.

Love you,

Brian

A Whole New World

Happy New Year from Mexico

Sharing the gospel with everyone :)