Tuesday, November 26, 2013

From the Chilly Fields of Albertson, NC

Written by Elder Dallin Remund, serving in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Buenos dias! Como estan? (Good day! How are you?)

I am starting to realize how truly strange it is to be a Spanish missionary out in the country in the South. There's really nothing else quite as interesting. You're surrounded by farms, fall leaves, and thick Southern accents and you're spending all your time speaking to Hispanics. The Hispanic families that attend the ward are faithful, great members, and great member missionaries.

Elder Lovell and I were just out teaching and teaching and teaching this week. Missionary work is work! Each day, my old dispositions to be shy, scared, or doubtful are thrown away and I am finding more and more that I can talk to people I really don't know.

One of our investigators, J** (name omitted for privacy), committed to baptism on December 21st! He might be baptized into the other ward nearby, but nonetheless we are extremely excited for him.

I am out of time for my email session, but I will include more information in the next email and hopefully get some pictures from Thanksgiving too!

Much love,

Elder Remund

The Winds of Change

Hispanic Thanksgiving in North Carolina