Monday, November 4, 2013

Member Missionary Machines

Written by Elder Dallin Remund, serving in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hey everyone!

I'm recovering from a really good week. Today is preparation day (P-day), and I'm headed up to Goldsboro in an hour or two, where the stores are at.

This week we got to celebrate Halloween at the ward trunk-or-treat. I got a picture that I sent of the donut eating contest with Sister Espino and Sister Hernandez. They are the best, and they are member missionary machines. Always out spreading the gospel to their friends! Their family is the one who found Sergio. Their daughter is bringing her friend to church, and they are trying to bring that girl's mother as well. So we'll see how it goes!

On Friday, we got to fill up the baptismal font for an eight year old boy in the ward. It was a little bit dusty, and there were some bugs that came out of the drain. But it filled up nice, and now I am officially trained to fill up a font. Haha! That same night, we had a presentation on the Book of Mormon. The Hernandez family brought A***'s (name omitted for privacy) friend and her mom. And our new investigator, Rosa, came to it as well. We had a great time, and the Hernandez family brought some really good Mexican rice to eat afterwards. We got to talk to Rosa and establish a good friendship with her and the other members.

The work is coming along nicely. This zone meeting, we learned a lot about our focus of the month from President (the mission president). He wants us to focus on prayer. I have found it to be a very inspired message, and it is just what I need to learn more about. I have felt a deepened closeness to my Heavenly Father in the past week.

This week is going to be a little crazy! We will be driving all over the place. Transfer calls are happening this upcoming Sunday night, so I'll know next email if I'm leaving or staying in Albertson!

I love you all! Thank you for all the emails and prayers! I pray for you, and I hope each one of you is enjoying life in this wonderful season. Don't forget to read your scriptures!!

Con amor,

Elder Remund

Lots of Work and Good Mexican Food

The Winds of Change


Hola, todos!
Hello, everyone!

Ward Halloween Party

The roads here are surrounded by forests.


Kenansville, NC, right at the bottom of our area. They
filmed part of Iron Man 3 in this town.

Our hike to the Cliffs of Neuse. It looks like
The Sacred Grove, no?!

Right at the cliffs of the Neuse River.
Beautiful country!