Monday, November 11, 2013

Super Massive Black Hole - Elder Jake Avery

Written by Elder Jacob Avery, serving in the Peru Lima West Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

(**Note to reader: If you click on the highlighted words you will link to the topics and phrases Elder Avery mentions in his letter. You can also enlarge the photos by clicking on them.)

Hi Mom,

There's a magical, super massive black hole that sucks time away on a mission.

Elder China stayed with me and has been made the District Leader. It's an awesome opportunity for him and means that our workload is doubled. He visits with missionaries in other areas twice a week, so I get to plan and basically run the show two days a week...in Spanish...oh, ya!

Moses got a job!! But he has to work on Sundays :( His family went to church though, and they had a great time. It was the Primary program, and I think their kids got rounded up to perform with the rest of the Primary children. It was very cute.

Paul and Brisa made a dynamic duo for their talks in the Primary program. They talked about service (Mosiah 2:17), and Brisa explained that she feels good when she helps her friends with math homework. Paul threw in a great testimony about Joseph Smith. He always loves talking about Joseph Smith. It's awesome.

I need you to keep my Facebook up. Will you just accept everyone? People are getting offended because I'm not accepting their friend requests, but I can't use Facebook.

I'm working and working. And I'm doing better this week because Josh told me how to be happy ;)

Really, I'm doing great and very busy. Have a good week. Remember to, "Follow the prophet and don't go astray!" haha! Look to Nimrod, the mighty hunter as an example. Love you, bye !!

Received Packages from Home (November 4, 2013)

Almuerzo y Cena (Lunch and Dinner) (November 18, 2013)

This is the wonderful family who feed me every single day!
Awww, tender. Elder China loves me ;)


A group of friends in my area.

Dinner at Hermana Eva's house!


Mom, this is my contribution to our annual family
Christmas card. I know how you fret over this, so
I followed your instructions to the letter. As you
can see, I wrote Peru in large letters on a piece 
of paper like you asked. Feliz Navidad!