Monday, October 6, 2014

General Conference in English AND Spanish - Elder Brian Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Mexico Puebla North Missionaries (Elder Burgess far right)
Hey you all!! So this last week went by super duper fast!

Thursday I was in an internet cafe with my companion for 6 hours doing the monthly stake forms for our zone. What a blast... my eyes were so tired...I was so tired. Friday morning we got up super early and went to the mission home for leadership council all day long. We ate grilled hamburgers for lunch.... :) Amazing council meeting, and I learned a lot!!! Saturday my companion and I were at the stake center all day to watch General Conference. We got the two zones in the stake together, and all the Americans got the high council room to watch conference in English. It was amazing. I love watching it in English because the emotion in their voices is so much better! But then when they announced that a few would be talking in their native languages, I thought that was cool. When some of the Seventy gave their talk in the Conference Center in Spanish, our talk on the television was translated into English by the translators who just read the talks. So I looked at some American elders in the room and said, "Let's go watch it in Spanish so we can hear the emotion in his voice." I tell you what, that talk was so much better in Spanish than English. It is nice knowing two languages. ;) Sunday was the same, the whole day at the church!

I am so grateful for General Conference! I can't wait to study the talks more and strengthen my testimony of the gospel! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

HAVE A SPLENDID WEEK!

Elder Burgess

Justice and Mercy (September 22, 2014)