Tuesday, October 14, 2014

New Area and New Companion for Sister Avery

Written by Sister Hannah Avery, serving in the Chile Vina del Mar Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hey friends and family!

First off, I want to apologize for NOT writing yesterday... half way into last week, they told us that we would have our interviews with the mission president on Monday (yesterday) and that our preparation day would be today (Tuesday). So no, I did not die, I am not in a ditch, and we did NOT have an earthquake.... thanks for your concerns even though I was never in danger, haha! :) I love you guys!!

So! First BIG news! I got transferred from my area of Mirador (after 8 months!!!) and am now in an area called Chorrillos with my new companion Hermana Martinez, who is from Argentina. We get along great and and are having success already! We have a baptism of a man named J** this Sunday and are on cloud #9 :) We have lots of GREAT things happening here, which is a good thing, because it keeps me distracted from all of these INSANELY steep hills here in Chorrillos that I have to hike all day! I am getting real toned legs, that is for sure! I am sure that there are angels pushing me up these hills, because there is no way that humans can climb these alone....

We have a great view of the ocean from our house, as we are about 15 minutes from the mission home and Viña del Mar. It is super cold because the wind from the ocean hits us first, but with all the mountain climbing we do here, we are sweating up a storm! haha! It's been crazy here, that is for sure!

We had leadership conference this Friday, and it went well as always! We also had our interviews with the mission president yesterday, as I mentioned before, and it was great! He told me that he wasn't sure why the Lord wanted me here in Chorrillos, and that he can't even get up the hills in his car, let alone WALK them! hahaha! Basically, it was, "Good luck Hermana Avery, I know you can do it!" haha! Yeah, I hope that I can too! :)

Well guys, that is all I have for this week! We are seeing blessings ALL over! Congrats to my baby brother, Joshie, who goes to tht MTC for his mission to Singapore TOMORROW! You will do great buddy! :) And happy birthday to Bek and Abi! And congrats to Abi for her baptism this week! AHHHH! I love you all SOOO much! We are soooo blessed! Have a great week and I will talk to you all next week! (On Monday this time! hahaha!)

xoxoxoxoxoo Hermana Avery

Knocking 350 Doors in Chile  (October 20, 2014)

Never Judge a Book by Its Cover (October 6, 2014)

Hermana Avery and Hermana Martinez