Monday, October 20, 2014

Knocking 350 Doors in Chile - Sister Hannah Avery

Written by Hermana Hannah Avery, serving in the Chile Vina del Mar Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hey family and friends! :)

I hope that you all have had a great week this week! Things have been crazy here in Chorrillos, but we had a great week :)

Honestly, it's been quite the LONG week, but was good! We made a goal as a companionship to knock on at least 50 doors a day this week (350 doors or more for the week), and we made it happen! One day, I believe it was Thursday, we actually knocked over 100 doors..... I thought I was going to die that day. This week, I would say that I have worked more than I have my entire mission. We are walking up and down EVERY single hill and knocking on every door that we come in contact with. Needless to say, we are not having very much success and have not found anyone to teach still. There are VERY few potentials and almost every house has told us "no" because they are Catholic, or they have slammed the door in our face. After so many months of success and baptisms, I think that the Lord is trying to make me more humble and really SEARCH for the people that He has prepared for us to teach. We have energy and are happy, but yes, it's been rough :)

To end off a LONG week of contacting and door knocking, we finally had J's baptism yesterday. He was happy as a clam and everything went smoothly :) We are super happy to have helped him come to the knowledge of the Gospel, and have yet another soul come closer to Christ! Now, we just have to find the next one! :) We are praying, fasting, and hoping with all we have!!

Well guys, really nothing else has happened this week! I am covered in flea bites, have seen millions of ticks on the ground, and the little gnat bugs are coming out... it's almost summer here in Chile! haha! :) We are working hard, and smiling (and sweating!) while doing it! I hope that you all have a great week and I will talk to you all next week! I love you! :)

xoxoxo Hermana Avery

New Area and New Companion for Sister Avery  (October 14, 2014)

Miracles Come Through Prayer  (October 27, 2014)