Monday, October 27, 2014

Miracles Come Through Prayer - Sister Avery


Written by Sister Hannah Avery, serving in the Chile Vina del Mar Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hey family and friends! :)

It's been a crazy week here in Chorrillos! Hermana Martinez and I have been contacting people in the streets and knocking doors like crazy and are tired as all get out, but the Lord keeps the energy going somehow :) Here is the low-down of the week!

First off, we had a HORRIBLY hot day on Friday and we had companionship exchanges that day, so I was with a girl from Lima Peru named Hermana Aranda who is serving in the Agua Santa area. We were DYING all day and I literally downed about 10 liters of water I think! haha! All week this week, I have been feeling pretty bad, and thinking that I had allergies because it's Spring and there is a ton of wind from the ocean here, but yeah, here is what happened.....

I came home Friday night to our apartment and was SO out of energy, that I quickly planned for the next day and changed my clothes to lay in my bed until the district leaders called. I felt SOOOO weak that I just wanted to die. I was like, "there is no way that this is allergies...." So, I woke up in the middle of the night at about 2 a.m. and was beyond nauseous, etc. and couldn't sleep all night. Then Saturday morning, we finished our interchanges and Hermana Martinez said, "last night at like 2 a.m. I got up and was throwing up all night." I was like OMGoodness noooo, haha!

So, we called our mission nurse, Hermana Cluff, and she said, "Well hermanas, you all have the recent virus that is going around!" And when I told her all of my symptoms, she said, "Hermana Avery, you have it worse than ANY missionary in the mission! You have the virus AND a bacterial infection!" I was like, oh wow, great. Anyways, she put me on an all-liquid diet for 3 days (I am on it until tomorrow) and I have just been taking it easy, walking all day and trying not to hike these mountains of ours here in Chorrillos TOO fast so that I don't pass out or something, LOL! But, I am feeling MUCH better each day, and the Lord is helping me to work and NOT stay in the house! I haven't stayed at home my whole mission, and I'm not doing it now! haha!

At the end of a long week, we FINALLY had a miracle yesterday! :) We have been praying and fasting to find a family of 5 to baptize before the 19th of November, and we found a couple from Bolivia yesterday who have 3 babies (under the age of 3). They are AMAZING and we are praying with all of our hearts that they will be baptized soon! :) It was an answer to a specific prayer, to find a family of 5. Even though not all of them are of baptism age, it was testimony to me that God DOES hear and answer our every prayer, but will answer them in His own way and timing <3

Well guys, I hope that you all have a great week! :) Know that you are always in my every thought and prayer and that you are my WORLD! Talk to you all next week! I love you!!

xoxoxoox Hermana Avery
(aka: slowly-turning-into-a-Lamanite-from-the-hot-sun, Hannah, LOL!)

Knocking 350 Doors in Chile (October 20, 2014)