Monday, October 20, 2014

Taco Pizza - Elder Brian Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Taco Pizza
World!!!

Hey you all!!! So this week was another transfer meeting. My district leader, Elder Clarke was transferred. And now I have a new district leader, Elder Hartvigsen, from Salt Lake. He has been on his mission about 4 months, and is also serving in our ward. It's a fun district, and our zone is really sweet as well!

The day after transfers we had our Zone Meeting. I felt like I didn't sleep planning it! But, wow, I am so happy how it turned out. We talked about teaching with power, and the spirit. And the end of the meeting, we had the zone close their eyes and we read the call letter that the prophet signs. It was a very spiritual experience, and many tears were shed. It was an amazing meeting! I am soo grateful and happy to be a missionary in this mission! My life has changed, the gospel has changed my life. Missionary work has always and will always be the Lord's work. I am so grateful to be a member of this church. And I testify of the truthfulness of this church!

I love you all!

So I am going to attach two pictures. One is of my missionary certification that says that I am an authorized missionary and minister of the gospel, and it says I will end my mission in May of 2015. My new district leader's card is exactly the generation, one year behind me! Crazy to think about!

Then the other picture is of our pizzas. There is a place a block away from my apartment that's called Taco Pizza. They sell, tacos and pizza...go figure. But then they went all crazy and made a Taco Pizza. Al Pastor meat on a pizza!!! THE BEST! And only 50 pesos for that whole pizza. (like less than 4 dollars) so we all ordered pizza! In the picture you can only see 3 pizzas because the other one still hadn't came out yet.

This week I will take a picture with my new district, and send the picture next Monday!

I love you all sooo much!!!

Elder Brian Burgess

Service in Mexico (October 13, 2014)

Popocatepetl  (October 27, 2014)