Monday, September 29, 2014

Preparing for Conference and a Baptism - Sister Hannah Avery

Written by Sister Hannah Avery, serving in the Chile Vina del Mar Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Chile Vina del Mar Mission Leadership Council
Hey family and friends! :)

Wow! This week has been one of the fastest ever! I don't have a ton of time to write, but I will try to type things out as fast as possible before time is up!  :)

First, we had a really great week getting ready for Ma**'s baptism scheduled for this Sunday! She is going to be baptized October 5, between sessions of General Conference. She will be my first and only General Conference baptism of my mission. She is the sweetest lady ever. It has just blessed my life beyond words to know her, and to help prepare her to make covenants with the Lord <3 She passed her baptism interview last Friday, and we are just getting ready for the baptism now! :)

We also had a Family Home Evening this week with converts, less active members and investigators! It was GREAT! Ma** came, Al** and his whole family came, and a bunch of other less active members and converts came! It was amazing to see everyone all together learning about the Gospel, and then getting to play games together :) It really helped bring everyone closer! We really need that here in the ward for sure, so it was a blessing!

Here is an invitation for you all! I invite each of you to think of a question, concern, or doubt that you have with the Gospel and pray this week to receive an answer to it in General Conference. I promise it will be answered! Tell me your stories about it after and I will tell you mine! :) Enjoy it! I LOVE CONFERENCE! :)

have a ton of pictures to send you all, but my camera has been acting up and won't install the software to send them! UGH! Hopefully next week. I will try again! I hope that you all have a great week and I will talk to you all next week! Love you!

xoxoxo Hermana Avery

Independence Day in Chile (September 22, 2014)

Never Judge a Book by Its Cover  (October 6, 2014)

Always learning!