Monday, September 8, 2014

Twelves Week of Trabajo and Training - Elder Dallin Remund

Elder Dallin Remund, serving in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.


How are y'all doing?

Well, as my subject shows, we had a week of some really hard work! On Thursday Elder Barber, my last companion, left to Virginia Beach. Me and about 18 other missionaries went in for a trainer's meeting and got some counsel from President Baker on what the next 12 weeks should be like. It brought back a ton of memories of the beginning of the mission. My first companion in Newport News, Elder Bradshaw is training a missionary too, right now. He was making me laugh a ton during the mission and I really missed him and his cheesy Wyoming sayings.

My trainee's name is Elder Cannon! He's from Chandler, Arizona, so I've had companions from Utah, California, Wyoming, Texas, and now Arizona! We western Elders kind of dominate the mission. Elder Cannon is great! He's super humble and he is very excited about missionary work. He just came from the MTC in Mexico and has a ton of cool experiences from there. I can tell we're going to have a really good two transfers together in Newport News. President Baker said that training sometimes breathes new life into your mission and I definitely feel that way.

We taught an investigator named Elias yesterday and he said he would be baptized on October 4th. It was Elder Cannon's first baptismal invite and he got someone set with a date. So awesome! We were both super excited. Elias wants to come see a baptism that the sister missionaries in our branch are planning, so we are hoping he comes out to that!

We've just done a lot of talking to people and a ton of street contacting. We feel a lot of joy in the work! I feel like I'm starting the mission all over again and I like it. Now I just need to get extended 2 years!

Con todo mi amor,

Elder Remund

 Here's my new comp that I'm training, Elder Cannon from Arizona! 
 
And then a family made some good enchiladas poblanas. Had to take a picture!

Elder Bradshaw and I, my first companion in Newport News, are both training at the same time! He's training my trainee's MTC companion!!

 Photos from Virginia (September 15, 2014)