Monday, September 9, 2013

Mexican Twinkies

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, currently serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Been working hard, and adjusting more to this culture everyday!

I don't have a lot of time, but just know I love you all so much!

My testimony is growing everyday, and Spanish is starting to take over my mind a little more. I say some things in Spanglish when I'm speaking in English to some Elders.

I know this church is true! A lot of people down here are really strong in their Catholic faith. But when we can find someone that does want to talk they, all of the sudden, start becoming happier...hmmm go figure. I'm seeing the gospel work in them, right before my eyes!

I'm working hard in the streets, and playing soccer a lot too...trying to get good. I have a lot of competition to uphold apparently at home. Attached are two photos; one of some Elders in my Zone at the park when we played "Futbol" today, and the other of the closest thing I could find to a Twinkie. So Brad, that's for rubbing in that Twinkies are back in the U.S.

Elder Burgess

Carpet

Elder Burgess is in the Hospital in Mexico

My zone at the park after playing Futbol

Mexican Twinkies