Monday, September 2, 2013

Bomb Dinner and Danish Roots - Elder Kolby Madsen

Written by Elder Kolby Madsen, currently serving in the Denmark Copenhagen Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Danish.

Well yeah, it's been way good this week. We had  a ton of service opportunities, which are my favorite. I love doing physical labor for people. During the week, I went on splits with one of my favorite missionaries in the mission, Elder Wible. He is so much fun, and we did some great work. He is from Idaho, and he loves action sports. He is so much fun to be around. It was great. I also made some bomb dinner this week. I will send pictures home.

Anyway, so pretty much whenever anyone talks to me about our family, and I tell them all of our names, they think that we are from here because Dad's name is obviously Danish, as well as Maren's. But I didn’t know this until I got here. Maren's name is way Danish, and my name is actually a city here in Denmark. So yeah, crazy things. Sabrina, I haven’t heard that yet, but I could.

Anyway, the Assistants to the President are Elder Simpson, who is still with us from the beginning, and Elder Whitlock, who was actually Elder Hansen’s trainer. So it's like a little generation fest of trainers in our house with us.

The Birch family is doing great. They came to church and had a great time. They invited us over again this week, so that will be great. Hopefully no hospital trips again. On that note, their little boy is doing better. They found out he has pneumonia and a partially collapsed lung. So please pray for him. He is only 2 years old,  but she did say he is just smiling and being happy all the time still. I will take a picture of the them and send it next week.

We had an amazing thing happen this week. Camilla came to Fast and Testimony Meeting and stood up and bore her testimony. It was great. She talked about her road to gaining a faith in God and a new love for Him. She also kind of called out four people in the congregation here in Frederiksberg, and told them to start walking the walk instead of just talking the talk.

Well, great week and I am learning much. I have seen the change in people’s lives, and it’s so great to see. We had a less active member who had  knee surgery this week. He wanted to go to church but could not walk, so next week we are going to do that.

Well, I love you and hope you have  a great week.

Med Kærlig  Hilsen,

Ældste Madsen

Growing Where I'm Planted (August 26, 2013)

150 Days in Denmark (September 9, 2013)


My bomb dinner!

Elder Wible