Monday, September 30, 2013

Let the Spirit do the Heavy Lifting

Written by Elder Dallin Remund, currently serving in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Que tal, y'all? (What's up, ya'll?)

I skipped writing a big email last week because I was busy writing individual emails!

But I am still alive and having the greatest time serving down in Albertson! Transfer calls happened yesterday and we didn't get a call, so I'll be staying in Albertson for a 3rd transfer with Elder Knott. That usually doesn't happen too often (to stay with your trainer) but hey, transfers are inspired, so I'm excited!

I think back to when I first showed up to North Carolina until now, and I have learned so much! So much about patience, about the Spirit, about diligence. Humility is essential in missionary work! If you go into situations only thinking about yourself and what you should do, you're wrong! When you're humble you can acknowledge your weaknesses and then let the Spirit do the heavy lifting.

Sergio is still doing really well, but he is struggling to find rides to church. We might have to send him to the missionaries in his actual area. But no matter what happens, he is making steps towards Heavenly Father, so that's the most important thing!

Usually every Sunday, we get one or two Hispanic families to church. Yesterday, we had about five! It was so great to have them out at church so they can receive that light they need for the week! There are a good amount of Hispanic members in the ward, but for one reason or another, they don't get to go to church too often. Elder Knott and I have been focusing on getting these families rides for the past two transfers and it's been working out great, thanks to a member of our congregation who picks them up each week! Selfless members are the best. I would encourage all of you out there back home to find ways to help less active members or recent converts in your ward boundaries. You will not only help them come closer to God, but you will make friends and maybe even change their future! Member missionary work is the BEST!

It's another time for change. It's a new transfer, the leaves are starting to go yellow, it's colder, and General Conference is this weekend! I'm so excited!!! Exactly 4 months ago, I woke up my first morning in the MTC (Missionary Training Center). Time is flying and the mission field is so great!

Yo quiero compartir mi testimonio con ustedes. Se que La Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de Los Ultimos Dias es la iglesia verdadera en la tierra hoy. Se que Presidente Monson es un profeta verdadero. Yo se que nuestro Padre Celestial ama a nosotros mucho y que Jesucristo sufrio y murio asi que podamos vivir con nuestras familias otra vez. Yo se que el Espiritu es super importante para nuestro bienestar!

(Translation: I want to share my testimony with you. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church on earth today. I know that President Monson is a true prophet. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us so much, and that Jesus Christ suffered and died so that we can live with our families again. I know that the Spirit is super important for our well-being!)

Mucho amor (much love),

Elder Remund

Almost Heaven, Albertson, NC

Remember, the Lord Loves You