Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Elder Avery Arrives in the Peru Lima West Mission

Written by Elder Jacob Avery, currently serving in the Peru Lima West Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

We received this as a scanned, handwritten letter on mission letterhead. The message at the top of the scan was from one of the Elders who works in the mission office: "Your son got here well and we are so grateful to have another powerful missionary serving here with us."

Dear Family,

President Archibald had us burn our boats today, so I really hope some builder will have new ones ready in two years because I'd like to go home eventually.

I hope everyone is doing well and everyone is happy. Remember that all that keep His commandments and believe on His name will be saved, so there's not very many reasons to be sad. Gah, it feels like I just got here, but it feels like I've been gone for a while.

I just met my new companion, Elder China. He's a little guy with blue glasses. He reminds me of an Ewok! My area is really nice, from what he said. No dirt floors and I'll have hot showers (for now).

Tonight we are getting ready to teach the ward and investigators why reading the Book of Mormon is important. I can't wait! He said that we have four baptisms, and all sorts of other wonderful things about our ward.

I met a kid named Gunne Norton from Mesa, Arizona, who knows Tom Rush! He's a nice kid. Everyone is a nice kid, in fact. Then I met someone who lives in South Jordan by the Jordan River Temple.

I'm so excited to get to work! The Archibalds (Mission President and wife) are super awesome, and President Archibald is really a good Mission President. I'm very glad that I'll be with him my entire mission.

Well, I love you guys so much and I miss you a lot. Wish Hannah the best of luck for me. !Exito en la mision! (Success in the mission!)

Elder Avery
Mision Peru Lima Oeste (Peru Lima West Mission)
Somos Sus Manos (We are His hands)

Wrapping Things Up at the Peru MTC (August 6, 2013)

Building Houses in Peru (August 19, 2013)

Elder Jacob Avery with President and Sister
Archibald - Peru Lima West Mission
New Arrivals in the Peru Lima West Mission



New arrivals in the Peru Lima West Mission