Monday, August 5, 2013

Called to Know the Richness of His Blessings!

Written by Elder Dallin Remond, currently serving in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hey everybody!

Well I have had another great week down in North Carolina! Missionary work is highly enjoyable. We've had less lessons because of cancelled appointments and really big meetings, but we have some really good appointments scheduled with some very promising families this upcoming week, so that should be great!

On Thursday, we went up to Virginia Beach for a trainer/trainee meeting! It was great to be gathered once again with the missionaries who were scattered across the USA after our flight to Detroit. President Baker (the Mission President) was there, and he shared some really great thoughts that helped me continue to catch the vision of this mission. He is an inspired man! He said one of the main objectives he has is for all of us to invite the Spirit of Revelation into every home we enter. That can be done as we come into homes with a purpose to help them come closer to Christ! Virginia was really nice. It felt weird being in civilization. There were other buildings besides barns and gas stations!!! Haha!

On Friday, we went up to Goldsboro, North Carolina for a zone meeting. So much fun! I love the missionaries in our zone. We all learned about using the Book of Mormon to answer questions, doubts, and fears. It ALL goes back to the Book of Mormon. If there are any doubts about the Church, that doubt can be swept away as you read the scriptures and receive an answer for yourself that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. If it's not true, it's all a lie. If it's true, then Jesus Christ lives, Joseph Smith was a prophet, and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church on earth today.

Okay, so funny story! My companion and I were at a Mexican member's house. One of the members was telling the craziest story about how they would buy guns and they had wanted to be a drug lord, but then they said that God changed their mind and they wanted to be a missionary instead. Well, they were speaking in English, a little bit of broken English at that, and they kind of slurred their words. Elder Knott, my companion, thought that they said "juggler" instead of drug lord!! So he said, "Oh, so you wanted to be a juggler, but then you decided to be a missionary?" They couldn't understand English well, so they said, "Yes!" I was dying, but I couldn't laugh or anything. Sweet family. And they are not drug lord material, so don't get worrying about me!

Hispanics are great. So humble! They always let you in and give you a bottle of water or soda, and they love to listen anything that has to do with God.

My Spanish is getting better! I had to translate in sacrament meeting and it went a lot better than I thought. There were a couple times I sat there in horror trying to translate Southern to English to Spanish! But I can do it!!!

I know this Gospel is true! I know Jesus Christ lives and I'm grateful for His example!

Con amor,

Elder Remund

I'm Fixin' to Teach the Gospel!

Hey, ya'll!, from North Carolina