Monday, August 19, 2013

Building Houses in Peru - Elder Jake Avery

Written by Elder Jacob Avery, currently serving in the Peru Lima West Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hi! Sorry, I have no time to write! I've been writing friends!

The field is amazing! Lots of work and personal accountability. I'm getting used to the Peruvian culture which I'll explain more about later. For service on Friday, we got to help build a house on the side of the mountain. The land is free but it's very, very grueling work. You break up rocks with a chisel and shovel to flatten the ground. Out of time. One baptism this week.

With love, Elder Avery

Elder Avery Arrives in the Peru Lima West Mission (August 14, 2013)

Some Brotherly Advice (August 20, 2013)

A Peak into My Life in Peru (August 26, 2013)