Monday, November 3, 2014

Chilly November Days - Elder Dallin Remund

Written by Elder Dallin Remund, serving in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.
Hello everyone!

Elders Cannon and Remund
It's good to finally be writing an email to everyone! I've been busy responding to individual emails, which I like a lot. A lot more personal, but it is very time consuming!

I have been having the time of my life out here. Just an update, I'm in my 12th transfer in the mission field and my 7th transfer in Newport News, Virginia, in the Spanish branch. It is a lot of fun. I'm training my companion, Elder Cannon, although he acts like he's been out for months! Great missionary! You never know what happens in transfers, but I'm feeling like this is my last month out here in Newport News. I've been here for almost all of 2014! I could easily stay out here through the rest of my mission though. It is a great spot and it has become my home away from home. The people out here are wonderful.

Elder Cannon and I are having our first baptism in the field! JW passed his interview and he's getting baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. We are so so excited for him and the amazing progress he's made in quitting smoking and drinking. He's amazing! We are staying busy with planning for his baptism this week.

Newport News Spanish and Gloucester Missionaries
I've been having a lot of great studies on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I've also been studying a lot of scripture masteries and memorizing them in Spanish. My goal is to have all of them memorized by the end of the mission.

Amidst all the lessons and missionary work we have had a lot of parties, which is great for inviting nonmembers. Last week we had a big party up in the countryside of Gloucester and also had the whole branch over for a Family Home Evening at the stake president's house. The zone leaders and us had a really fun Halloween night at their apartment. We had pizza and played some games and took some Halloween photo shoot pictures. They're great!

We also went to the beach this morning. The sunrise was amazing.

I'm all out of things to write. Any questions y'all have for me? I love ya and I hope you're having a great week.

Con muchisimo amor,

Elder Remund
Jamestown, Virginia  (October 13, 2014)

Elder Remund's First Baptism  (November 10, 2014)

Branch Family Home Evening
Grandview Beach