Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving in Mexico - Elder Brian Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Great Week!

So Tuesday was the transfers meeting. My companion and I are still here in our area.

Thursday we had a leadership council with Elder Toris. He is from the Seventy. It was a great conference!

Saturday we had a zone conference with Elder Toris again, and it was a great conference. I learned alot! Then we had to do monthly forms for the stake. I feel like I am going in circles, just deja vu every month. haha. But I love the mission.

Today we had a district activity ... mini Thanksgiving. Chicken (turkey was too expensive), rolls, mashed potatoes and vegetables. President gave us permission to watch Forever Strong, the rugby movie that they sell at Deseret Book in the States.

I want to take this time to tell you that I just am super excited to be here in Mexico serving the Lord. I love this gospel and testify that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Read it. Love it. I do.

I love and miss you all!

Elder Burgess

Read, Pray, Serve  (November 24, 2014)

Santas and Bed Bugs  (December 8, 2014)

Thanksgiving Dinner in Puebla, Mexico!