Monday, February 23, 2015

The Whole Shabang - Elder Jacob Avery

Written by Elder Jacob Avery, serving in the Peru Lima West Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hi Mom!! I'm sorry I don't have much time for dilly dallying!

Tonight we're going to do a Family Home Evening with a less active member who is home from the mine this week. His wife and kid are going to church, but he still needs to be ordained a priest, so we'll get that done.

My companion and I are doing good. We haven 't cried yet but, I kid you not, I have fallen asleep during my night time prayers every night for more than a month. Every single night! We took a nap today!! haha!

My companion is a hard worker. He grew up on the farm and loves to help people out. We've cut corn together, dug trenches, harvested sweet potatoes, etc. It's fun!

My birthday package is going to get to me tonight, just so you know. I lost faith in it, but it showed up!

Mom, I love you sooo super much! I can't wait to tell you everything! Just hang in there because there's a few more people I gotta baptize :)

Hey Dad!

Va**  and An** are doing okay, but they aren't getting married yet. They go to church still, and Va** even gave the prayer in Sacrament Meeting (pretty sure the red manual has something to say about that...) I wish they would get married!

Things are coming along. My new district is the bomb! The other guys had a baptism last week. We all went there and the ward was super supportive. The bishop was there, Elders Quorum President, the whole shabang. The other elders are teaching a family that's getting ready to get baptized, and we're working with a 80 year old dude. Things are rolling.

I'm super happy that Hannah is doing well. I'm at such a loss for what I'm doing when I get home. Well, I need to get married, study and work.... wow....... Dad, is it okay if I just be a Rock Star when I grow up?? LOL!

I'm so happy that you guys are good. I'm so glad that I'm here. And I'm so thankful for the life you've given me and for the Savior's Atonement. Who knows where I'd be without it?!

I love you so much, Dad! We're going camping when I get home!! But in the meantime, I've got to baptize some amigos!


Love,
Elder Jake Avery

We Are Here To Baptize (February 16, 2015)

Building Skyscrapers  (March 2, 2015)