Monday, March 31, 2014

Spring Greetings from the East Coast - Elder Dallin Remund

Written by Elder Dallin Remund, serving in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hello!

It's the last day of March and spring is almost in full bloom. I can honestly say the grass is greener on the other side of the country! We have had some surprise snow, though. Everyone says it never snows in March out here, but here we are. It also had never been so rainy and cool last summer, so we'll see what this summer has in store!

I'm doing great. I was super sick on Saturday and Sunday, but today I just feel like I've got a little bit of a cough. I prayed last night that I would be able to get better a lot faster so that I could work hard, and sure enough I woke up this morning without my sore throat or runny nose. God's looking after me, for sure.

Things are going great in the area. Heavenly Father has been throwing miracles left and right. Just a few examples. Elder Bradshaw and I were tracting and  we found a Mexicano named Jaime who just moved down to Hampton a month ago. He was working out on his porch, and we agreed that we would come by soon to help him finish it. He said it would be alright if we went in and shared a message over the weekend as well. He's super friendly, and he just moved in, so this could be a really great time in his life for the gospel!

We got a referral from a member in an English ward. He said this man is from Puerto Rico and he's wanting to know more about the church. We haven't met him yet, but it's really exciting finding people who are interested in learning. The desire to learn, in and of itself, brings them to search and follow through with commitments that we leave with them.

I am so excited for General Conference. Our branch president talked about how his son, who is on a mission in Japan, asked him why Conference keeps getting better. He responded back to him and said that it's always been the same, it just gets better as you are more spiritually prepared. I smiled and thought about the truthfulness of that statement. My feelings towards Conference have grown so much stronger as each session passes. How amazing is it that we get to gather together and listen to a prophet of God every 6 months. There are SO many people that don't do that, don't want to do that, or can't do that because they don't know that that revelation exists.

I hit the 10 month mark on Saturday. Time is going by super fast, and I'm loving being a missionary. I love you all and hope all is well back on the other side of the country.

Con amor,
Elder Remund

It's Bloomin' in Virginia (March 24, 2014)

We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet (April 7, 2014)