Monday, March 17, 2014

Letter from the HEAT - Sister Justyce Oliphant

Written by Sister Justyce Oliphant, serving in the Mexico Tuxtla Gutierrez Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

What!? Una otro semana (another week)!!??

How crazy that the door fell off the van...haha! It made me laugh to hear about you holding it on to drive to church.

My desk
About you letters...YES!! I got a whole bunch of them last Wednesday!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! It was sooo nice to read your hand written letters!! Also, I received a letter from Mom-mom for Christmas!! And a Christmas card from Shannon Avery. And from sweet Della!! And a package from Becky Pickle! Please tell them all thank you so much, as I can't do it personally for all of them! Oh, and Ashley Pilon from Chick-fil-a too!! It was so nice to hear from them all! and I now have Chick-fil-a sauce in Mexico!! I am going to cook my companion chicken this week!!! yummy!!!


Dad to answer a few questions, (I don't remember all of them and forgot to bring my notes to the internet today). We drink aguas of all different kinds. YE,S I have tried Polzol in blanco y caco. I will be honest, I like blanco major! YUM! It was so weird the first few times I drank it because it was caco and I thought that it was dirt. You literally chew your drink! It was kinda hard to get used to, but then when my companion explained that it was not dirt, I actually kinda like it now. There's another one, I don't remember the name...tascalate, I think. But that one really  tastes like dirt to me, but people serve it so I drink it! Other aguas are really delicioso!!! Como PiƱa y mango y otros fruitas!! que rico!!

Hermana Rodriguez doing dishes
Our bishop has a washing machine, and he lets us come and use it each week. So I haven't had to wash by hand! Seriously, it is such a blessing to just let electricity do all the work! And I feel like the clothes get cleaner too. He is our neighbor, so we are always at his house, for food or meetings or whatever. I LOVE the leaders in our bario, Jardines. They are all so willing to work right along side us. Last night after our meeting with the mission leader, he came with Hermana Rodriguez and I to our appointment. It is SOOO nice when we can have a member come with us.  Their added testimonies help so much and bring a different spirit, and also provide the friendship needed for the investigators!

I am not quite sure what other questions you asked Daddy. I will remember to bring my notes next week and answer them!! I sure miss the temple. It is our ward's turn to clean the Tuxtla Temple this week, and they signed people up on Sunday. I was jumping out of my seat because I wanted to go, but my work is in other areas for now. How amazing that my momma gets to work in and be in the House of the Lord EVERY single night!

Well, I have to go. This week has been really good, other than the fact that I went to the doctor Friday night...but that's a story for another day. I am fine just having problems with the heat, we think. Thank you for everything you do! I love you all!!

Hermana Oliphant

P.S. Five months in the mission this Sunday!!

My New City (March 10, 2014)

Five Months (March 24, 2014)