Monday, March 24, 2014

Five Months - Sister Justyce Oliphant

Written by Sister Justyce Oliphant, serving in the Mexico Tuxtla Gutierrez Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

My companion sang to me to celebrate
five months in the mission
I can't believe how fast the time is flying by! Each day brings new adventures, new challenges, new trials and new experiences. Today we went to the mercado (downtown area... lots of people and shops and it's kinda crazy!!). Hermana Rodriguez and I wanted to find new clothes. I bought a cute dress and a new skirt! I will take pictures when I wear them and send them next week!

 Speaking of next week, it's already transfers again! Next Monday we will find out if we stay here together, or if one of us is leaving. I have really gotten so close to my cute companion and will be so sad to leave her! And this ward. I absolutely LOVE working with the members here in our ward Jardines!! They are always so willing to come with us to appointments, and if our appointments fall through, they bring us to their friends and family so we can teach them. Just yesterday, Domingo, we taught 4 new investigators because the members asked us to come teach their friends. It was such a good day! And tonight we have 3 lessons lined up with new investigators also. It should be a good evening!
This lady colored my hair
A few scriptures I loved from my study this week:

3 Nephi 22:14 (live righteously and don't worry!!)

3 Nephi 27 (KEEP A JOURNAL!!!)

Also, I went on companion exchange this week with Hermana Guzman. She is so awesome! I have a surprise friend that I saw too... but at this internet place we don't have a way to upload pictures... so you're going to have to wait to know who my surprise is! Lo ciento!!! jajajaja!

I really love you all so much! I have learned so much about being OBEDIENT and DILIGENT while I have been here. I have so much more to learn also.

I invite you to study and learn with me! I am working on studying 3 Nephi right now, about how Christ taught when He came to the Americas! (p.s. I think its sooo cool reading the Book of Mormon because it was sorta written where I am at!!!! kind of...)

te amo mi familia!

Con MUCHO amor,
Hermana Oliphant

Letter from the HEAT (March 17, 2014)

Faith + Obedience + Diligence = Miracles (April 7, 2014)