Monday, March 31, 2014

Homework - Sister Hannah Avery

Written by Sister Hannah Avery, serving in the Chile Vina del Mar Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

(Note to reader: Clicking on highlighted words links to additional information. Some names are omitted for privacy.)

Hey family and friends!

I don't have much to say this week, but here it goes!

First off, we found another investigator this week named K, and she will be baptized the end of April! We are crazy busy here! haha! I love it! I also finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish this week! WOO!!! I restarted again today. I have NO DOUBT in my mind that the Book of Mormon is true and really is the most correct of all books in the world. I love reading it, and am so grateful to have hours a day to study and teach it! We are so blessed to have this Gospel!

It is really hard to try to get people to read the Book of Mormon. I always think, "All you have to do is read a TINY bit and pray to know whether it's true, and you will get an answer in 5 seconds!" But sometimes it's really hard for them to wrap their minds around the fact that we really are sons and daughters of a Heavenly Father who knows and loves us more than anything! We just have to follow His commandments and be obedient, and He will help and testify of all things through the power of the Holy Ghost. We are trying to use the Book of Mormon more in lessons, etc. and it's definitely helping people want to read it more! There is a solution to every problem in the world, and those solutions are all found in the Book of Mormon. We just have to read it! Simple! Just like the Gospel of Christ - simple. Sometimes it seems like it's so simple for people that they just can't believe it. I hope that one day people will really understand that when things in life are hard, it's because of disobedience and Satan working in the world. God is fair, and always will be. When we love Him, we do what He asks.

Well guys, we are still keeping on here in Chile! I hope you are all doing great and getting ready for April Fools Days tomorrow (which doesn't exist in Chile, but since my companion is American, I am going all out tomorrow! haha!). Also, PLEASE invite people to General Conference this week! That is your homework! Many people don't have a clue that we have a living prophet today, and if they could just hear him speak....imagine it! No one can deny the truth if they are really seeking it and pray to know it's true.... So, that is what I invite you all to do this week. Invite a friend to watch conference with you. It doesn't matter what religious background they are... everyone deserves a chance to hear revelation from God! I love you guys! Have a great week and I will talk to you all next week! :)

Hermana Avery

Cow Hoof for Dinner (March 24, 2014)

Trust in His Ways (April 7, 2014)