Monday, June 24, 2013

Yes, these really are MY pants! Elder Kolby Madsen

Written by Elder Kolby Madsen

Ok, quick thing on the pants...they are mine and I wear them weekly. I love them! The Assistants gave me more pictures that I will send. I call the pants min hjemme bukser, which means "my house pants" because when I first got them I had to wear then around the house to stretch them out. So, yeah, now they fit.

Well, I have a ton of stories. I found another food challenge. I am going to win this one because it’s a cheese burger, and yeah, awesome. It’s actually one kilo of meat, not including the bacon. I am supper excited. I ate the small one first to see if I could do it, and I did so I am going for the larger one this time.

Anyway, great experiences. I do a ton of walking and I can’t really understand anyone. It’s really hard, but I know the Lord is blessing me little by little. It’s just really challenging because I want to teach the people and address their concerns, but you know, I can't do that if I don’t understand. But we have two investigators that we teach in English, and at first I was really upset because I wanted to learn the language. But then I realized that it was a blessing that I could teach people out here, in a foreign land, in my native tongue. I don’t know why I was being so negative. It is no good when I do that.

The work out here is much slower than in the States, but it's okay because we get to know our investigators really well. We have some awesome appointments coming up, including a baptism in Frederacia, and the Sisters have one in our ward on Saturday. The work is progressing. I am serious when I say this, almost all of our work here in Denmark is because the members give us referrals. They have tried the whole knocking on doors thing for years and it’s not as effective as members sharing the Gospel with their friends and sparking an interest. That way, when we come in and the Spirit takes over, the Lord has his children back.

Well, I love you and am so happy to hear everything is going great. I am so happy to know that Christ is our brother and that he died for us. I am grateful for this Gospel and how it blesses my life. I know that God loves us, and the best way we can show our love for Him is by serving others.

Med Kære Hilsens,

Ældste Madsen


The newest food challenge - Cheeseburgers!
Baptisms in Denmark (July 1, 2013)

Elder Madsen's First Impressions of Denmark  (June 17, 2013)