Monday, July 1, 2013

Baptisms in Denmark - Elder Kolby Madsen

Written by Elder Kolby Madsen

First off, I played some awesome basketball last week. On Tuesday we had dinner with some of the teenage sisters in our ward. They invited our investigator, Alex (name changed for privacy). He loved it.

It's coming along great. I can’t believe Sabrina turns 16 in two days. That is crazy! I am super excited to hear how that goes. Make sure she does not date any losers that can take her off track. I will be sending a package soon.

I only have two requests. There is this CD that is approved for missionaries here in Denmark. It’s called "The Work". It's super good. Could I also get some other CDs that have missionary music on them?

So, I finally got the see that broadcast. I am super pumped to see what happens here in the near future. I can’t believe Lindsey has an iPad. That’s crazy! So far, nothing has changed here. We will see if the members start helping us out.

It’s going well here. We still have three baptisms coming up, and hopefully by then I can actually communicate with some people. This language thing is kicking my butt. The MTC honestly helped, but not as much as I thought it would. And then going to Cali did not help. I make good gains daily though. The Lord is definitely helping us out, and I am glad that I am here.

The sisters in our ward had a baptism this week. It was a really good service. I am excited for ours. It’s going to be epic. John (name changed for privacy) is making some good choices, and we hope that his friends don’t get too involved in trying to steer him away. Anyway, all is good here. I hope all is well there. Love you, and give Sabrina a hug for me on her birthday. Hej hej.

MKH

Ældste Madsen

American Independence, Denmark Style! (July 8, 2013)

Yes, these really are MY pants!  (June 24, 2013)


Two hour train ride home to Frederiksberg

Pasta for dinner