Thursday, April 30, 2015

Mexico MTC Week 3 - Sister Maren Madsen

Written by Sister Maren Madsen, training at the Mexico Missionary Training of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She will be serving in the Arkansas Little Rock Mission, speaking Spanish.

Europe sounds and looks like a blast! Definitely get some sleep, I'm sure you are pooped! Seriously, my hair is not that red, everyone is crazy! No, our whole zone consists of 5 sisters still, which is alright because we get along great! I really feel like they are my temporary family. We will get new people in a couple weeks...maybe.

So this week was pretty good. We have been teaching our investigator Patricia, and she is a hard one to crack. Her son is a member and wants to serve a mission, but she is a catholic school teacher. Hermana Siler hates teaching her because, unlike the other investigators, she is very sullen and serious lots of the time. I really enjoy teaching her because I feel like if I were an investigator, we would be similar. Besides that, I always feel the spirit in the lessons with her. Yesterday was especially good because we invited her to baptism and she said yes!! I was so happy because the lesson before she was showing us scriptures about one baptism, and one God in Ecclesiastes, and it was easy for us to give her the answer because we know the the truth about how baptism is supposed to be. I also had to tell her that when she was baptized as a baby it wasn't done with proper authority. Needless to say, it was awkward.

Our lessons would be nothing without the Holy Ghost, and if there is one thing I needed to learn this week it was that. President Holland gave a talk at the Provo MTC about the companionship of the Holy Ghost that is amazing. It was given in June 2009... certainly worth listening to. I love it because it not only applies to missionaries but all members. This is Jesus Christ's church and He does lead it through revelation. I know that this the ONLY way we can be eternally happy, and for that I am forever grateful for my amazing support system at home, who understood the importance of this gospel and the necessity for its membership.

Hurrah For Israel!

Love,

Hermana Madsen

Mexico MTC Week 2  (April 23, 2015)

Mexico MTC Week 4  (May 7, 2015)