Thursday, April 23, 2015

Mexico MTC Week 2 - Sister Maren Madsen

Written by Sister Maren Madsen, training at the Mexico Missionary Training Center. She will serve in the Arkansas Little Rock Mission, speaking Spanish.

Mexico City Temple
MAMÁ!

Denmark looks so awesome. Sometimes I forget I am in different country because the CCM is crazy different from anything you see on the streets of Mexico. We were able to go to the temple this morning and I have pictures. It was cool and I got to see the sister missionaries in the Visitors' Center trying to learn English and having to bear their testimonies and talk in a different language. I felt their pain. It's kinda sad that I get so excited when we are allowed to speak in Spanish, but at the same time, I feel guilty, like I am not practicing with the knowledge the Lord is giving me. #thestruggleisreal#

I really truly can see how much I have been blessed, although sometimes it is hard because I see how much further I need to go. But we get by just fine. I love the feeling we get after coming out of a lesson that was pretty good for people only really learning Spanish for two weeks. It's so peaceful, and we get a such a spiritual high that all we want to do is teach more.

We taught a lesson yesterday and it wasn't really planned at all, which is a big no no. But as we were teaching I had a thought that we should invite her to read the title page of the Book of Mormon. Just as I turned to my companion to tell her that, she started to extend the invitation to the investigator. I was shocked! I have heard countless stories about this happening to missionaries, but I have never realized how special it is until I was able to experience it myself.

We teach our first TRC on Saturday, which is an actual inactive member from one of the stakes in Mexico. SCARY!! I know that if we put forth effort and give trust in the Lord, He will provide!

Something I need to tell you, I have been asked by several different people if my hair is red.... what the heck?! I take ten minutes every morning looking in the mirror in shock....what is Mexico doing to me?! I also found out that we might be able to call on Mothers' Day, but I am not 100 percent sure. I'll keep you posted.

I hope Sabrina is doing good. She needs to write me on  missionary package MX!! Also, we still haven't finished any of the packages. As much as I love getting them, I would prefer letters. I just know that they cost money, and we get fed so well here that we never have time to eat the food.

So Thursday and Friday last week was horrible. I was not focused at all because it was my first time writing home and I was pretty homesick. Then Hermana Siler and I were able to talk our feelings out and cry a little and all was back to normal... mostly. But I know that there are always rainbows after the storm and there have been countless rainbows this week. He is so merciful. I am so grateful for this experience and all the blessings I have received thus far. This church is true and I feel I can't say it enough. I love to teach with my testimony, and learn by the spirit. I have homework for y'all and don't complain, just do it. Go on YouTube and listen to the January 2013 talk given by Elder Holland at the Provo MTC. I think every single missionary in the room was crying when we watched it. It is so powerful and encouraging, not only for missionaries but others too.

LOVE YOU!

Hermana Madsen

First Week in the Mexico MTC (April 16, 2015)

Mexico MTC Week 3  (April 30, 2015)

Mexico City Temple Visitors' Center

NACHOOOOO!!