Monday, April 6, 2015

Popocatapetl says, "Amen!" - Elder Brian Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish. 

HEY EVERYBODY!!!!

SO a few pictures and stories!

This last week on Tuesday was the transfers meeting for the mission. My companion and I didn't have transfers but I was able to go and say goodbye to Elder Hernandez and Elder Mendoza, two of my last companions. I am attaching a picture of me and a few of my companions I saw there. After the picture I saw Elder Insaurralde, Garrido and Hernandez, so they weren't in the picture.

So General Conference Saturday, right after the first session, we left the stake center to go to the store for some water when we saw that Popocatapetl erupted a little. I believe it erupted on the Amen of the closing prayer.... ;)

More stories and pictures to come in the next email... Sorry my camera had the quality of the shot on a higher resolution, so the file size is bigger than I thought. So just a few pictures in each email.

I sure loved General Conference weekend! I sure hope you all watched it and took notes! We have 3 investigators come to the Saturday morning and Sunday morning sessions.

Gi** is so ready for baptism! Him and his daughters F** and Fa** have baptismal dates for the 25th of this month! F** and Fa** didn't make it to the sessions, but we were happy to see Gi** there! 

Do** and Er** also made it to the Saturday morning and Sunday morning sessions! They are so GOLDEN! They are both sooooo happy for their baptisms on the 25th! 

I sure love you all! I testify of the truthfulness of this church! President Monson is the prophet of God, despite anyone's comments or argument. The Spirit testifies of that, and the Spirit never lies!

Elder Burgess

Bittersweet (March 23, 2015)

Miracles and Tears  (April 13, 2015)