Monday, March 23, 2015

Bittersweet - Elder Brian Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.  

Everything is great!

My companion and I are really working a lot with Gi**, F**, and Fa**. They are slowly but surely progressing! F** and Fa** are going to the Young Women's camp out in April, and they are paying more attention in the lessons!

Do** and Er** are some of our investigators. Do** is 53 and her brother Er** is 71 and they live together. Er** is super nice and funny. He suffers some hard health problems and with doctors' appointments and hospital visits, it's sometimes hard for them to go to church. They have baptismal dates along with Do**'s granddaughter April 25th. I hope all goes well! They are super ready and excited!

Today my companion and I went to my first area to visit De**, one of my converts. It was crazy to see her and her brother Al**, after a year and a half since being in that ward! I sure am blessed! I love you all!

I love the gospel! It's an amazing message of love and help for all ears, young or old. Share your testimonies! This last week on Thursday we had a Zone Conference... actually my last zone conference with President Christensen in the mission. And as a tradition, all of the sisters and elders who are ending the mission share their testimonies. It was a bittersweet feeling!

The secretaries also gave me my flight plans.... how sad! See you all in May! And I will write you all every Monday until then!

Until next week,

Elder Burgess

New House (March 16, 2015)

Popocatapetl says, "Amen!"  (March 30, 2015)