Monday, January 13, 2014

"Wherefore, let us be faithful to Him."

Written by Elder Dallin Remund, serving in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

(Note to reader: Some names have been omitted for privacy.)

Good morning!

Wishing you a happy, happy preparation day from Albertson, NC. We're emailing at the Albertson library today. We're usually in the library at Pink Hill. It's the big "city" in our area. I look outside and see the mall, AKA, the R-Mart. Famous for their groceries, hardware, and fried chicken.

I'm in the middle of nowhere.

Six months ago today, I woke up to my first real day in Albertson. A lot has changed! My testimony has grown, my Spanish has skyrocketed, and my fears of talking to anyone have been thrown out the window. Even the past week, I felt that I have reached a turning point in the way I teach, plan, and talk to people.

We taught R**, our progressing investigator three times this week! This woman has real intention to find out about the gospel. She is in the middle of 2 Nephi right now, toughing it through the Isaiah chapters. It is so much easier to teach people when they are reading the Book of Mormon and going to church. The Spirit is really, really strong in the lessons. She knows there is something different here.

We saw the fruits of member-missionary work yesterday. The Hernandez family invited us to come over and eat lunch and teach the Restoration with their daughter's friends' family. They made us some AMAZING Honduran food. Remind me to go down to Honduras when I come home. Afterwards, we shared the restoration with the family and Jose and Daphne, the members, added the perfect Spirit into the lesson with their testimonies. This situation is what the whole world needs to be involved.

Well, the time is up! The gospel is true! I hope y'all have a great day.

Much love,

Elder Remund

Greetings from Antarctica!

Sending Love from Duplin County, NC!