Monday, January 6, 2014

Day of the Kings

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Today is Day of the Kings in Mexico. It's like a second Christmas. More people celebrate this day than Christmas. It's about the Three Wisemen who brought presents to Jesus as a child, so they figure they can ask them for presents in Mexico too. And so, it's like the second Christmas. So, happy Day of the Kings everybody!!

So, I bought a Nerf gun today for 30 pesos with 17 extra bullets, and my companion bought one too, as presents for ourselves. I am looking forward to a gun fight tonight, haha! I honestly don't know why I bought the gun, but I think every Elder might be entertained to shoot their companion when he falls asleep in personal study :)

Things are going great for me. I talked to 69 people in the street and on the little buses last week. The mission goal is 10 everyday. I thought we hit the goal of 70 for the week, but after recounting we were wrong. So next week we will have to beat the goal. I challenge you all to talk to 10 random people everyday about the gospel.

We had some investigators come to church this week. I love seeing the gospel change the lives of people. I pray that they will continue to progess.

Tomorrow we have a conference with President, so I'm happy about that. I pray your week is awesome!

Les quiero mucho,

Elder Burgess

Happy New Year from Mexico

Spiderman