Monday, January 20, 2014

Walking...and walking...and walking... Sister Hannah Avery

Written by Sister Hannah Avery, serving in the Chile Vina del Mar Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hola familia y amigos!

Wow! Are you sick of me saying we're DYING of heat here in Chile?! Everyday this week was about 100 degrees or more. And to make things more fun, we were in the streets ALL day, every day, because no one is home! Everyone has left for vacations until March or so, making the streets less busy, there are fewer people, etc. It's tough! But, when you are on the Lord's errand, the heat seems a little easier to deal with, and the aching in my feet more tolerable :)

So, Claudio and Ignacio wore their new ties that we bought them to church yesterday! Oh, they were so handsome! They are so cute, and we just love them to death! They told us yesterday that they are looking forward to serving missions of their own one day, and to receiving the priesthood. Just think.... if Hermana Puertas and I had not come out on our missions, and hadn't knocked on their door, we would have never been able to share the gospel with them. And they would never know of the happiness that the gospel brings!! Seeing their joy makes me happier than I can express.


Hermanas Avery and Puertas
Presidente Kahnlein
Chile Vina del Mar Mission
We had interviews with the mission president this Friday. They were all of about 30 minutes (15 minutes for each of us) and they went great! He asked how things were here in Ovalle, how we feel the work is going, etc. He told me that my Spanish has improved significantly and that it is amazing to see the difference! That made me feel like the hard work is paying off, for sure! And, he told us that we have the CLEANEST house in the entire mission! WOOHOO!

So, we are walking.. and walking.... and walking. All day. Everyday. And it is SOOO hot (have I mentioned that before? haha!). But, when I think of the lives that can improve as we encourage them to come unto their Savior, the pain and the heat don't matter. I know that this is where the Lord needs me right now, and it's where I want to be. And, boy, is it FUN work too! Hermana Puertas is amazing and such a great friend to me. We laugh everyday! Crazy girl...I sure love her!

Well, that is all I have for now! Have a fabulous week and stay warm in that snow of yours! haha! Love you!

xoxoxoxo Hermana Avery

Locked Out?! (January 13, 2014)

Thoughts on the Atonement (January 27, 2014)


Grapes growing in our back yard - YUM!