Monday, November 2, 2015

Giant Mushroom--Sister Madsen

Written by Sister Maren Madsen, serving in the Arkansas Little Rock Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.


For Halloween we decided to save our planning for that night so we could use the morning hours to proselyte. So we found some black duct tape and made some stellar mustaches and wore our dog costume sombreros from Walmart. I also made some pretty good rice! (Finally because the last 10 times I tried it was just a wreck)


We got a call this morning and My Companion Hermana Hudson is going to Little Rock. :,( But esta bien porque we will still be in the same zone.


This week we have already seen many miracles in the Spanish area! We got a referral for a house and it turned out to be a convert of 5 years and her daughter who just moved into the area and are looking for long term stay. And the best part is that she speaks both English and Spanish fluently! She has also gone teaching with missionaries before, showing us that that she is missionary minded! Well as you can see we are starting to see the fruits of our labors! I am starting to realize that just because the area is mostly in English I still need to use my Spanish as much as possible! No more excuses for myself:) but we also followed up on a Spanish family we taught last week and they were very excited for us to come.  They were asking us about where the building was and what time it started and if there were more than just the Sunday services.
I have learned lots this week about how differently I was raised from the people here in the south. As I have gotten to talk to Miss. Carol who recently got baptized this summer, she has started to open my eyes on how similar churches are. Ya know growing up in Mormonville. I guess I just assumed that no other religion taught the truth and it was all wrong. But now I can see that really these Baptist and Methodist and Pentecostal  churches have lots of good doctrine, but their knowledge is just limited because of the lack of a living prophet and the lack of another testament of Jesus Christ or the Book of Mormon that gives us the more full complete understanding. Not to mention the revelations received when the restoration of the church was underway. I find myself less frustrated with those who disagree with us and more understanding as I realize that really they are just limited in the belief of more revelation. Because honestly this church would crumble if it weren't for that. Because we know that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, so why wouldn't he help us in these scary last days?

        I know this to be the ONLY gospel on earth that was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. Thanks to that, we are able to make covenants with Christ and progress. Knowledge is amazing.
Les Quiero mushisimo! Nunca olviden!
Hermana Maren Madsen

Gigantic mushroom... we poked it for sure!




Don't mess with the Plan Lady!-- Oct 26, 2015
Teaching with Tester Nov 9,2015