Monday, November 16, 2015

The Book A Norman-- Sister Madsen

Written by Sister Maren Madsen A missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Serving in the Arkansas Little Rock Mission, Spanish Speaking

It is seriously so funny! Ya know people are so bored when missionaries say they are from Utah that anything other than there gets a bigger reaction. But when your companion is from Alaska this is typically the reaction
"ALASKA!?!?! Really? What part? I have a ----(fill in the Blank)--- Who lives there, is it true that it's dark all the time there? How often does the sun go down in the summer time? Man I bet that's beautiful! Can we come visit you when you go home?
Me: "Utah has snow too!"
Ya know, I really am starting to think that the reason I didn't have lots of friends growing up was because I wasn't from Alaska! hahahaha But we are going to have to take a trip to visit her!
That's so crazy that November has already come and soon it will be gone! I DON'T UNDERSTAND TIME!!
So this week was pretty good. We were able to commit Joseph to Baptism.The more I am here in the South, the more I realize how lucky I was to have a good established church to support me. Because Joseph and all of his siblings just seem kind of lots.They do not have that good moral compass in their home life. But I know that the church can offer that support, and if we let it, it can be our family. What a blessing. I also get to continually see how necessary the Book of Mormon is to compliment the Bible. We were talking the other day and the people in the BOM had a hard time accepting the Bible! It just blew my mind! And even Nephi (a Book Of Mormon Prophet) quoted from the Bible to help the people see the need for both.
We turned a huge corner with Angel this week. She came to church with us and she started crying. We were so happy because we know that it the Spirit testifying to her and she wouldn't listen to us but then she said to us "I'm starting to get attached to y'alls church, where you used the Book a Norman" (hahaha she calls it the Book a Norman no matter how many times we remind her it's Mormon, with an M) We are just continually learning lots and I love this work! To be able to see people like Angel progress makes the text messages on our phone of being dropped, worth it.
Well love y'all and hope everything plays out well this week!
Love
Hermana Madsen

Saved by the Power of Prayer Nov 23, 2015
Teaching with Tester Nov 9, 2015