Monday, October 5, 2015

Southern Peeps - Sister Maren Madsen


Written by Sister Maren Madsen, serving in the Arkansas Little Rock Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish. 

First of all, Congrats Sabribri! (Maren's sister decided she wants to serve a mission next summer.) I am so excited for you! Sweet is the work! Now you gotta prepare!

General Conference was so amazing! We had the opportunity to watch all of the sessions (Priesthood and Women's sessions included) loved it! There were so many talked that as I was listening I kept thinking,"man, I hope this person is listening because this would totally help their life," or "man, that is the answer to this person's question." I have such a strong testimony of a living prophet! He and his apostles really are the mouth pieces for God. It really is a stressful honor being set apart by that same apostolic authority.

Bike Week
This week I was able to think a lot about how different the ward is here and how much work still needs to be done. "Till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the great Jehovah shall say, the Work is Done" (Standard of Truth by Joseph Smith).

Hermana Hudson and I decided that we need to be more disciplined. I can see why this area has a reputation of being too laid back. I can see how that affects my mood and our progress with investigators. It's really one of the worst feelings thinking about how much work needs to be done and feeling like you are being ineffective, but hey, I know I am in this area for a reason and I am motivated to get to work more efficiently! Man, the mission teaches ya so much.. It really is like a life time worth of leading crammed into 18 months.

Yeah, yesterday was a scary realization for me... Just a year from yesterday I am going to have to take off my tag... Wow no me gusta. It doesn't feel like it should be like that. But I guess we will never understand time because we are not meant to stay in a place where time is kept.. God is so smart, he really knew what he was doing when he created everything. And for that, we have no reason not to trust Him.

We are working with a lady and she is so awesome! She has so many pretty funny questions. She asked us when there are twins and they have a different body, do they stay in the same egg before they are fully developed while they are still in their mom...... Uhhhhh... Sure... Haha, she is so awesome. She has so much potential. She says that she wants to be baptized by proper authority! She just doesn't want to be a Mormon. Haha! We had to explain a few things to her, but she is progressing nicely.

These southern peeps are hilarious! Except I think I am picking up some of the drawl... Haha està  bien conmigo!

Love y'all so much and hope that all continues to go well!

Small and simple DAILY brings about miracles!

Les quiero!

Hermana Madsen

Arkansas (September 28, 2015)
Say Yes to School and No to Jerks-Sister Maren Madsen (Oct 12,2015)